we are heading to ....

18 February 2013

Untitled
Yes we are leaving for 3.5 weeks to Australia! My husband, three kids - 4.5, 14.5, 19 and I. We will be  staying for 4 days in Melbourne, week in Sydney, couple days in Blue Mountains, couple days somewhere close to Brisbane and a week by Fraser's Island. I can't wait. I have never been before and I'm full of expectations.

We are flying tonight and feel a bit calmer now. Work has been sorted as my amazing assistant Sarah will be fully in charge of our shop and our home will be occupied by our friends from Czech. Uff...it has been very manic few weeks and I can't wait to relax and have a bit of sun in my face.

My husband is turning 40 next week and this trip is a present for and from him. I will be still posting over here as I have some great post prepared for you and the plan is to post photos from our holiday as well.

So back to our trip. Have you got any tips? things not to miss out in Australia? favourite restaurants, galleries, shops, places?
I would love to hear.

photo from here + my addition of text

12 comments:

  1. G'day Veronika and welcome to our beautiful country! I am based in Perth but my tips would be - soak it all in and enjoy one of the most peaceful, laid back, blessed countries in the world:) If you ever decide to see sunny Perth come and visit me at my studio! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Australia is certainly way up top on my travel bucket list! Have fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, lucky you. :) Have a great time and all the best for your husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time. My hubby lived in Australia for a few years and would move back like a shot ... !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you all a fabulous trip. Sounds amazing. Looking forward to hearing all and seeing all the places you discover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How exciting! I would love to go to Australian one day. I guess it is still on my bucket list :)

    Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome to Australia hope you and your family are having a fantastic time. I am 2 hours from Melbourne it's a fantastic city make sure you visit some of the lane way restraunts for dinner and take a stroll along the yarra river there is galleries in fed square that I have heard good things about but not yet had the chance to visit enjoy your stay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found you, I'm in Perth but spend lots of time in UK. Will look forward to hearing of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just discovered you via Paper & Stitch and love your posters, especially the black and gold combinations.

    As an Australian living in France, there is so much to recommend to discover in Australia, just hard to fit it all in. In Sydney take a ferry ride from the city to Manly and spend the day on the beach or hike around the peninsular. In the Blue Mountains, do one of the fabulous hikes and definitely visit Leura - it's such a charming town.

    Above all - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Carina! we visited Leura but unfortunately haven't had time to go to Manly....

      Delete

A FEW THINGS FROM MY LIFE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger